REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
E30 3 Series
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Open the glove compartment door and remove the upper trim.
- Remove the DME control unit. The cruise control module is mounted above the DME. Remove the cruise control module.
- Install the modules and trim. Connect the negative battery terminal.
See Figure 1
- Place the vents above the glove compartment straight forward and remove from the dashboard.
- Remove the 6 screws holding the glove compartment and remove the unit.
- Disconnect the plug from the control unit and dismount the control unit.
- Connect the plug, mount the control unit and install the glove compartment with vents.
This procedure is for vehicles not equipped with the throttle by wire EML system; vehicles equipped with traction control. The cruise control function is combined with the EML control unit on these vehicles.
- Remove the cover from the electronics box at the rear, right side of engine compartment.
- Turn the ignition switch OFF .
- The control module is between the DME unit at the back of the electronics box and the row of relays. Disconnect the module and remove.
- Install the module and install the electronics box cover.