REMOVAL & INSTALLATION E30 3 Series
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal. Remove the radiator. Remove the grilles.
- Loosen and remove the bolts holding the air conditioning condenser. Do not disconnect the refrigerant lines.
- Remove the trim panel behind the left side headlight. Disconnect the fan plug and remove the mounting nuts.
- Pull back the condenser and remove the fan from above.
- Install the cooling fan and tighten the nuts. Plug in the connector.
- Install the trim panel behind the headlight. Install the condenser mounting bolts.
- Install the radiator and the grilles. Connect the negative battery terminal.
E36 3 Series
- Remove the air duct from above the radiator. There are 5 mounting screws.
- Remove the splash shield from under the vehicle.
- Disconnect the fan electrical plug. Remove the 3 fan mounting bolts.
- Pull the fan forward and out.
- Install the fan and tighten the mounting bolts. Plug in the electrical connector.
- Install the splash shield and the air duct.
E34 5 Series
- Remove the front bumper. Remove the center double kidney grille.
- Remove the mounting screws for the right horn and the cooling coil for the power steering. Move and support out of the way. Remove the right side headlight grille.
- Disconnect the fan electrical plug. Remove the mounting bolts and pull the fan out from below.
- Install the fan and tighten the mounting nuts. Connect the electrical plug.
- Install the horn, cooling coil and the right side headlight grille.
- Install the kidney grille and the bumper.