REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
E30 3 Series
The blower is accessible by removing the cover at the top of the firewall in the engine compartment.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. To remove the motor cover, pull off the rubber weatherstrip, cut off wire ties holding the wire that runs diagonally across the cover, unscrew and remove the bolts, and pull the cover aside.
- Release the retaining straps, move them to the side, and then remove the blower cover.
- Pull off both electrical connectors. Disengage the clamp that fastens the assembly in place by pulling the bottom. Lift out the motor/fan assembly, being careful not to damage the flap underneath.
- The fan and motor assembly is balanced at the factory. Do not disturb the orientation of the fan and motor during installation. Place the fan and motor into the heater and install the clamp.
- Connect the wires and install the fan cover. Attach the straps.
- Install the outside cover and install the 4 bolts. Install new wire ties on the diagonal wire and replace the weather-stripping. Connect the negative battery cable.
See Figures 1 through 4