REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
E30 3 Series
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal. Remove the lower left dashboard trim below the light switch.
- Unscrew the light switch knob. Disconnect the electrical connector and pull off the light switch.
- Install the switch, connector and knob.
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal. Remove the screws for the lower left dashboard trim below the light switch. Remove the panel.
- Pull the light switch knob off the shaft. Remove the switch shaft mounting nut.
- Disconnect the electrical plug and remove the switch from the back of the dashboard.
- Install the switch with the notch matching the retainer in the dashboard. Install the nut and knob. Connect the wiring.
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Push the switch to the right and slide a feeler gauge blade into the gap to unlock and remove the switch trim.
- Pull the plug off the switch and press the switch out of the opening.
- Install the switch and connect the wiring. Use the feeler gauge blade to depress the locks and install the switch trim.