The vehicle speed is determined via a sensor mounted on the back cover of the rear axle. No speedometer cable is used.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and safely support the rear of the vehicle.
- Turn the ignition switch OFF .
- Squeeze the connector of the electrical plug and disconnect the plug on the rear axle cover.
- Remove the 2 bolts holding the sensor in place. Catch any lubricant that leaks out.
- Install a new O-ring on the sender and install in the rear axle. Install the electrical connector.