On vehicles equipped with an air bag, the negative battery cable must be disconnected, before working on the system. Failure to do so may result in deployment of the air bag and possible personal injury.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove the steering wheel.
- Remove the lower instrument trim panel. Disconnect the steering column casing.
- Disconnect the electrical connections. Press down on the steering spindle, remove the bolt and the spindle.
- Remove the shear-off bolts with a proper chisel. Remove the mounting nuts/bolts.
- Press down and remove the steering column.
- The installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Install new bolts.