Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Disconnect and plug the hydraulic brake lines at the unit. Do not mix up the brake lines. The lines are marked as follows:
- VL-LF Brake Caliper
- VR-RF Brake Caliper
- HL-LR Brake Caliper
- HR-RR Brake Caliper
- Remove the cover mounting bolts and lift off the cover.
- Disconnect the electrical connections and plugs.
- Loosen the mounting nuts, pull up and remove the hydraulic control unit.
- Position the hydraulic control unit in place, then install the mounting nuts.
- Attach the electrical connections and plugs to the control unit.
- Install the cover.
- Attach the hydraulic lines to the hydraulic control unit. Make sure attach the proper line to its terminal on the control unit.
- Connect the negative battery cable, then bleed the brake system.