The brake pedal travel sensor is mounted to the brake booster. Note, the E30 models do not have a brake pedal travel sensor.
Removal & Installation
- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
- Detach the electrical connector from the sensor.
- Using a suitable flat blade prytool, lift out the snapring.
- Carefully pull the sensor from the guide sleeve.
- Install the spacer cap on the sensor plunger.
- Install a new O-ring onto the sensor, flush with the sealing edge.
- Install a new snapring on the sensor holder in the vacuum booster.
- Install the carefully until the snapring can be heard and watched to be fully engaged, then reconnect the electrical connector.