Removal & Installation
The back-up light switch is part of the neutral safety switch located inside the gear selector trim cover.
- Remove the 3mm hex head fastener from the gear selector knob and remove the knob.
- Carefully release the gear selector housing cover from the console.
- Remove the neutral safety switch electrical connector by squeezing the retaining clips and detaching the connector.
- Remove the neutral safety switch mounting fasteners.
- Move the gear selector until the selector's pin aligns with the small slot in the switch and lift the switch upward to remove.
- Align the slot of the switch with the slot of the switch housing.
- Move the gear selector as necessary to engage the pin into the slots of the switch.
- Install the switch mounting fasteners.
- Install the trim covers.
- Install the gear selector's release button such that the pin is installed into the hole on the gear selector linkage and install the gear selector knob onto the selector shaft.