- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions in the beginning of this section.
- Move the selector lever to P position. Loosen the nut until the cable is free.
- Push the transmission lever to the D or P position. Then, push the cable rod in the opposite direction.
- Clamp down the cable rod without tension.
Tighten the nut to 84-102 inch lbs. (9-11 Nm).
NOTEDo not bend the cable.
Removal & Installation
- Remove the center console.
- Disconnect the cable from the shifter and the bracket.
- Disconnect the cable from the transmission arm and bracket.
- Pull the cable out from inside the vehicle.
- Install the cable and adjust.