The blower is accessible by removing the cover at the top of the firewall in the engine compartment.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. To remove the motor cover, pull off the rubber weatherstrip, cut off wire ties holding the wire that runs diagonally across the cover, unscrew and remove the bolts, and pull the cover aside.
- Release the retaining straps, move them to the side, and then remove the blower cover.
- Pull off both electrical connectors. Disengage the clamp that fastens the assembly in place by pulling the bottom. Lift out the motor/fan assembly, being careful not to damage the flap underneath.
- The fan and motor assembly is balanced at the factory. Do not disturb the orientation of the fan and motor during installation. Place the fan and motor into the heater and install the clamp.
- Connect the wires and install the fan cover. Attach the straps.
- Install the outside cover and install the 4 bolts. Install new wire ties on the diagonal wire and replace the weather-stripping. Connect the negative battery cable.
- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position. Remove the air intake cowl weather-stripping. Remove the grille by gently prying out.
- Remove the 2 screws inside the air intake cowl holding the electrical duct.
- Remove the 2 screws holding the right side of the air intake cowl and remove the screw holding the left side. Pull the cowl out from above. It may be very hard to remove, but it will come out.
- On M50 equipped vehicles, remove the injector cover plate and the valve cover cladding from the engine.
- On M50 equipped vehicles, remove the cover from the control unit housing on the right side of the firewall and disconnect the control units plugs. Remove the screws from the injector plug plate and place the plate off to the side. Disconnect the control cable inside the housing.
- Unclip the heater blower cover. Disconnect the wiring from the motor.
- Undo the left flap upper section clips and remove. Disconnect the blower from the brace and remove.
- If the blower fans are removed, install them so the drive pins fit into the correct indents and the color dots match.
- Install the fan into the brace and connect the wires. Clip the blower cover into place.
- On M50 equipped vehicles, connect the control cable, install the injector plug plate, connect the control unit plugs and install the control unit housing cover. Install the valve cover cladding and the injector cover.
- Install the air intake cowl and screws. Replace the electrical duct screws and the intake grill. Install the weather-stripping.