Removal & Installation
If the vehicle is equipped with ASC+T, the BMW Service Tester must be used to properly bleed the system. Due to safety and liability issues, this job should only be performed by a BMW dealer.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove the hydraulic fluid from the master cylinder with a syringe or hose used only with clean brake fluid.
- Disconnect the brake lines at the top and bottom of the proportioning valve.
- Remove the clamp from the valve and detach the pressure connection at the union.
- Check day/year codes, reduction factor, and switch-over pressure to make sure the new valve is identical.
- Install in reverse order. Bleed the system.