Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Draw off hydraulic fluid from the master cylinder with a syringe or hose used only with clean brake fluid.
- Disconnect the brake lines at the top and bottom of the proportioning valve.
- Remove the clamp from the valve and disconnect the pressure connection at the union.
- Check day/year codes, reduction factor and switch-over pressure to make sure the new valve is identical.
- Attach the pressure connection to the proportioning valve. Install the clamp.
- Install the brake system hydraulic lines to the proportioning valve.
- Bleed the hydraulic brake system.