Removal & Installation
3.2L (S52) Engines
- Access the fault memory of control unit of Digital Motor Electronics (DME), check for any stored fault messages, rectify those faults and clear the fault memory.
Twist and remove connector on the throttle body.
Unfasten the hose clip and remove the rubber gaiter from throttle body.
- Loosen clamps on the bellows.
Remove air-mass sensor with bellows
- Remove mass airflow sensor from the rubber gaiter.
- Replace the mass airflow sensor into the rubber gaiter.
- Tighten the clamps.
- Replace the hose clip and the rubber gaiter onto the throttle body.
- Install the connector on the throttle body.
- Check stored fault messages.
- Rectify faults.
- Clear the fault memory.
Use a BMW service tester, the OBD I blink code or on OBD II vehicles, use a suitable Data Scan Tool (DST) to check for faults and/or if capable, to read the values of the components. If this diagnostic equipment is not available, proceed as follows.