Removal & Installation
- Mark the driveshaft at the flanges and at the center bearing for installation back into its original orientation. It is critical for balance that the 2 halves of the driveshaft be replaced into their original relationship.
- Remove the driveshaft.
- Loosen the spline locking sleeve at the center bearing and separate the front section from the rear section.
- Remove the snapring at the splines.
- Use a puller or press to remove the center bearing from the shaft. Note the location of the dust shields.
- Press the new center bearing onto the driveshaft. The dust shield should be flush with the center mount.
- Clean the splines and coat with moly lubricant. Install the front half to the rear half in the same position as it was removed.
- Install the driveshaft and torque the spline locking sleeve to 12 ft. lbs. (17 Nm), except for 4 wheel drive which is 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm). If not equipped with splines, use a threadlocking compound and torque to 70 ft. lbs. (97 Nm).