Removal & Installation
- Remove the transmission as outlined in Section 7. Remove the clutch cover and plate on manual transmission equipped vehicles.
- Install a flywheel lock to hold the flywheel stationary.
- Remove the bolts and pull the flywheel off.
- Clean the mounting area of the crankshaft. Check the condition of the rear main seal and replace if necessary. Clean out the bolt holes.
Use only new bolts when installing the flywheel. The bolts are not designed to be used more than once.
Install the flywheel, and using new fasteners coated with a suitable locking agent, tighten and torque in a three step crisscross pattern as follows:
S14/M20 M12 fasteners: 82-94 ft. lbs. (113-130 Nm)
- The balance of assembly is the reverse of the removal procedure.