Removal & Installation
3.0L (N52) Engines
- Remove the underbody protection plate (aka reinforcement plate).
Drain the engine oil.
NOTEFor the good of the environment, catch and dispose of the oil properly. Research and observe the waste-disposal regulations and laws in your area.
- Unlock plug connection from the sensor and remove it.
Unscrew the three nuts (black arrows in the illustration) and remove the sensor.
- Clean the face of the oil sump, where the sensor covers, and make sure it is free from any oil or debris.
- Replace the seal on oil level sensor. For best results, always replace the seal.
- Remember, an excessively low torque value will result in oil leaks, while on the contrary, an excessively high torque value will result in damage to the oil level sensor, perhaps the threads and maybe the oil sump.
- Lastly, refill the engine oil to the specifications of the vehicle.