Removal & Installation
Make note of the radio code supplied on a tag with the owners information. As an anti-theft feature, the code must be entered into the radio once power has been removed.
- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
- On radios equipped with two vertical holes on either side of their face plate, insert a set of radio removal hooks into the holes at the sides of the radio chassis. Seat the hooks and carefully pull the radio outward.
- If not equipped with holes at the sides of the chassis, pull the knob off and insert the hooks at the holes at the cassette opening and pull out.
- On radios equipped with screws at the edges of the chassis mounted at an angle, remove the screws and pull the chassis out.
On radios equipped with small access doors on the lower left and lower right corners:
- Carefully pry the pivoting doors outward to open
- Insert the five-sided hex radio removal tool and turn the locking fasteners counter clockwise to release their tension, then carefully pull the radio outward to expose the antenna and electrical connections.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors and antenna lead.
- Connect the electrical connectors and antenna lead, then place the radio into the opening.
- Carefully press the radio flush with the console.
- On radios with four vertical holes, it should snap into place.
- On radios with the angled screws, install the angled screws.
- On radios with five sided hex fasteners, turn the fasteners clockwise until the radio is secured.
- Enter the radio code to activate the radio.