Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle. Remove the front tire and wheel assembly.
- Disconnect and suspend the brake caliper from the body without disconnecting the brake line.
- Remove the setscrew with an Allen® wrench. Pull off the brake disc and pry off the dust cover with a small prybar.
- Using a chisel, knock the tab on the collar nut away from the shaft. Unscrew and discard the nut.
- Pull off the bearing with the proper puller set and discard it.
If the inside bearing inner race remains on the stub axle, unbolt and remove the dust guard. Bend back the inner dust guard and pull the inner race off with a special tool capable of getting under the race. Reinstall the dust guard.
NOTEDo not reuse the bearing unit if removed.
- If the dust guard has been removed, install a new one.
- Install a new inner race using a race installation tool, or equivalent.
- Install a new bearing.
- Install the remaining components in the reverse order of removal. Make sure to tighten the wheel hub collar nut to 188 ft. lbs. (255 Nm). Lock the collar nut by bending over the tab.
- Install the front brake caliper.
- Install the front tire and wheel assembly, then lower the vehicle to the ground.