Removal & Installation
This procedure calls for the spring to be compressed. A compressed spring has high potential energy and if released suddenly can cause severe damage and personal injury.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Remove the strut from the vehicle and mount in a vise using a strut holder. This will prevent damage to the strut tube.
- Using a proper spring compressor, compress the spring and lock into place.
- Remove the top nut of the strut mount. Counterhold the strut rod during removal.
- Pull the strut mount off the strut rod. Note the positioning of the spacers and washer for replacement.
- Pull the spring off the strut and place aside in a safe area.
- slowly release the compression of the spring.
- Install the spring in the compressor and compress.
- Install the spring and strut mount with all the spacers and washers in their original positions. New strut rod nut: 47 ft. lbs. (65 Nm).
- Release the spring slowly and check that it seats in the spring holders. Install the strut in the vehicle.
This procedure calls for the s