Removal & Installation
- Loosen the lug bolts 1 / 8 turn.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the tire/wheel assembly.
- Remove the brake and bracket assembly as outlined in Section 9.
- Remove the front hub as outlined in this section.
If just replacing the steering knuckle, the brake rotor can remain attached to the hub.
- Remove the control arm from the spindle. For details refer to the control arm removal procedures in this section.
- Remove the ABS sensor fastener and sensor without disconnecting and place aside.
- Remove the tie rod end. For details refer to the tie rod end removal procedures in this section
- Remove the spindle from the strut assembly. For details refer to the strut removal procedures in this section.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.