- Disconnect the negative battery terminal. Remove the center console and the driver's side instrument panel trim next to the steering column. Drain the coolant.
- Disconnect the coolant hoses from the inlet on the firewall. Disconnect the wire from the control valve.
- Loosen the coolant pipe clamp. Remove the 2 bolts from the pipe connection at the control valve and the 3 bolts from the heater connection.
- With power applied to the control valve, it will close. With power removed, it will be open. Replace the O-rings at the connections.
- Replace the bolts in the connections and attach the pipe clamp. Connect the wire to the control valve.
- Connect the coolant hose at the firewall. Install the center console and the instrument panel trim. Fill and bleed the cooling system. Connect the negative battery terminal.
- Disconnect the electrical plug from the heater control valve located to the left of the hose connections on the firewall.
- Drain the coolant and remove the hose connections from the valve. Note where the hoses are connected.
- Pull the valve assembly from the bottom to disconnect it from the rubber mount. Lift the valve from the upper mount.
- Place the upper portion of the valve into the mount and press the bottom part into the mount.
- Connect the coolant hoses in the original locations sand connect the electrical plug. Fill and bleed the coolant system.