- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Disconnect the electrical connector to the switch.
- Loosen the locknut and then turn the switch outward to remove it.
- Screw the new switch in. Adjust the gap between the pedal and actuator on the switch to 0.236-0.020 in.
- Tighten the locknut.
Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the lower left side trim panel and disconnect the plug.
- Press down the brake pedal and pull the plunger and sleeve down completely.
- Press in the retainers and pull back on the switch.
- Press the switch in position until the retaining hooks engage it in place.
- Attach all electrical connectors and install the plug.
- The remaining components are installed in the reverse order from which they were removed.
- Install the trim pieces removed and connect the negative battery cable.