Removal & Installation
On vehicles equipped with an air bag, the negative battery cable must be disconnected, before working on the system. Failure to do so may result in deployment of the air bag and possible personal injury.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove the steering wheel.
- Remove the lower instrument panel on the left side.
- Remove the steering column casing lower section.
- If equipped with an air bag, drive out the pins and lift out the expansion rivet. Remove the upper section of the steering column casing.
- Remove the plug and disconnect the electrical connectors.
- Push in the retaining hooks on both sides and pull out the switch.
- Press the switch in position until the retaining hooks engage it in place.
- Attach all electrical connectors and install the plug.
- The remaining components are installed in the reverse order from which they were removed.
- Install the steering wheel and connect the negative battery cable.