Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove the lower/left trim panel screws and remove the panel.
- Unscrew the knob from the switch.
- Pull off the connector plug from behind the dash panel. Pull out the switch from behind and remove it.
- Push the switch onto the back of the dash panel-make sure that the terminal connectors are installed in the proper holes.
- Screw the knob back onto the switch.
- Install the trim panels and connect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Remove the lower left dashboard trim below the light switch.
- Unscrew the light switch knob.
- Detach the electrical connector and pull off the light switch.
- Install the switch, connector and knob.
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal. Remove the screws for the lower left dashboard trim below the light switch. Remove the panel.
- Disconnect the electrical plug by turning it counterclockwise and remove the panel with the switch from the dashboard.
- Protect the light switch knob with masking tape and pull the light switch knob off the switch's shaft. Remove the switch shaft mounting nut and remove the switch.
- Install the switch with the notch matching the retainer in the dashboard, then install the nut and knob.
- Connect the wiring.
- Install the panel into the dash. It may be necessary to use a thin long shank screwdriver through the vent to help line up the dash vent with the duct in the dash. Do not force the panel into place.
- Once in place, install the mounting screw.