- Disconnect the leads at the switch terminal.
- Ground the negative terminal and connect a proper test light to the positive terminal.
- The test light should light when the gear selector is placed on P or N .
- If the switch needs adjusting, unscrew the switch and place thicker shims behind the switch and the transmission housing.
Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Disconnect the electrical connection at the switch.
- Remove the switch using the proper tool.
- Install the switch.
- Attach the electrical connector to the switch.
- Lower the vehicle and connect the negative battery cable.