Apply graphite lubricant sparingly through the key slot. Insert the key and operate the lock several times to be sure that the lubricant is worked into the lock cylinder. Or with the windows in the raised position spray a small amount of a lubricating oil into the lock cylinder and while wearing eye protection, apply a short blast of compressed air.
Removal & Installation
- Remove the door panel and the water shield.
- Disconnect the wiring from the actuator. Remove the screws and pull the actuator off the linkage.
- When installing, move the actuator and linkage to the locked position.
- Connect the linkage to the actuator and loosely install with the screws.
- Compress the actuator drive to take out any play in the linkage and tighten the screws.
- Test the locks and install the door panel.
- Remove the door panel and water shield.
- On the front doors, remove the guide rail nut and pull the guide rail down. Disconnect the wiring and the linkage from the actuator.
- On the rear doors, remove the window and the access panel. Disconnect the wiring and the linkage from the actuator.
- Remove the 3 bolts holding the latch and actuator to the door structure.
- Install in reverse order using threadlocker on the bolts.