- Open the glove compartment door and remove the inside trim at the heater side.
- Remove the glove compartment door straps and the hinge mounting nuts. Remove the door.
- Remove the 4 screws holding the cover on the side of the heater unit. Remove the micro-filter from under this cover.
- Install the filter, cover and glove compartment door.
Canadian versions not equipped with air conditioning use micro-filters attached to the blower housing. These filters are removed by accessing the blower housing through the engine compartment. The other vehicles have the micro-filter in the heater and air conditioning unit within the vehicle. This procedure covers the internal micro-filter removal and installation.
- Place the vents above the glove compartment straight forward and remove from the dashboard.
- Remove the 6 screws holding the glove compartment and remove the unit complete with the lower trim panel.
- Remove the foot well duct for the heater. Remove the screws holding the control unit bracket and tilt down.
- Turn the lock and remove the cover. Pull the filter out of the housing.
- Install the new filter and replace the cover. Turn the cover lock.
- Install the control unit holder and the heater duct.
- Install the glove compartment, trim and the vents.