Removal & Installation
If the flange nut is not matchmarked or turned beyond the matchmark during reassembly, the clamping sleeve must be replaced and the differential properly assembled.
- Remove the differential assembly.
- Lift out the retaining plate.
- Matchmark the flange lock nut with the threaded shaft.
- Hold the drive flange with a retaining tool such as Tool No. 23 0 020 and remove the flange nut, then press off the flange with a suitable removal tool such as Tool No. 33 1 150 or their equivalents.
- Remove the oil seal with a suitable inside jaw type puller.
- Installation is in reverse order of removal making sure of the following:
- Coat the seal lip surface of the oil seal with differential fluid.
- Make sure the flange lock nut-to-threaded shaft matchmarks are properly aligned.
- Install the retaining plate.