Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the rear wheel.
- Matchmark the lower control arm-to-trailing arm eccentric washer to retain the camber settings during installation.
- Disconnect the driveshaft from the differential. Refer to Section 7 for specific details if necessary.
- Support the differential assembly and remove the two upper and lower mounting bolts, and leaving the axles attached.
- Support the trailing arm and remove the control arm-to-trailing arm locknut and through bolt. Make sure the eccentric washer is matchmarked.
- Move the differential enough to access the lower control arm-to-subframe fastener and remove, then remove the control arm.
Installation is in reverse order of assembly, noting the following rear suspension fastener torque specifications :
Upper control arm-to-subframe M12 10.9 fasteners: 57 ft. lbs. (77 Nm)