Washer Pump & Reservoir
Removal & Installation
The windshield washer pump is mounted in the washer reservoir and sealed and held in place by a rubber grommet. To remove the pump:
- Detach the electrical connector from the pump.
- Drain the washer fluid reservoir or place a drain pan underneath to catch the fluid when the pump is removed.
- Carefully remove the pump from the reservoir, taking care to not damage the sealing grommet.
- Inspect the rubber sealing grommet and if cracked, brittle or damaged replace it.
- Lubricate the rubber grommet with washer fluid or a mild liquid soap.
- Press the pump and its pickup into the reservoir making sure it is fully seated.
- Refill the reservoir and check for fluid leaks and normal operation.