REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
On all electric pump (fuel injection) equipped cars, the fuel pump is mounted together with the expansion tank for the evaporative emissions control system. The pumps which are mounted together with the expansion tank are located under the rear of the car.
- To replace the pump, first disconnect the battery and then the electrical connector(s) at the pump.
- Disconnect both hoses, one at the pump, and one at the expansion tank and plug the openings.
- Remove the attaching nuts for the mounting bracket. Loosen the clamp bolt, and separate the pump from the pump/expansion tank mounting bracket.
- Position the pump the mounting bracket and tighten the clamp bolt.
- Connect both hoses and the electrical connector at the pump. Connect the negative battery cable and run the engine. Check for fuel leaks.