See Figure 1
The purpose of the timing switch is to control the cold start valve during the initial start-up of the engine. The function temperature range of this switch is between -4°F (-20°C), where it turns ON , and 95°F (35°C), where it turns OFF .
- Disconnect the terminal plug from the switch.
- Connect a test lamp from the positive battery terminal to the W post on the temperature timing switch.
- The test lamp should be on at coolant temperatures below 95°F (35°C) and go out above temperatures of 95°F (35°C).
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the wire harness attached to the switch.
- Unscrew the switch. Some coolant will spill out, so place a container under the engine to catch any coolant.
- Screw the switch in until the crunch washer is squeezed.
- Connect the harness.