See Figures 1 and 2
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Except 528e and 530i Models
- Disconnect the multiple connector. Loosen the air hose clamps at either end of the unit, and detach the hose on the engine side.
- Remove the air cleaner mounting nuts and remove the air cleaner and air flow sensor. Then, remove the nuts attaching the air flow sensor to the base of the air filter, detach the hose from the air cleaner, and remove the unit. Install in reverse order.
- Disconnect the multiple connector and then loosen the air hose clamps at either end of the unit.
- Remove the air cleaner. Lift the volume control out of the bracket.
- Remove the 3 mounting bolts, and pull the unit out of the bracket.
- Place the unit in the bracket and install the mounting bolts. On the 530i, install the volume control unit. Install the air cleaner and connect the hoses to either end.