REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Except 3.0Si Models
- The control unit is located behind the glove box on all models except the 733i, where it is behind the right side cowl cover.
- Push the lock lug towards the wire loom or press the circlip rearward and pull the multiple terminal plug to the right. Disconnect the individual plug, if connected.
- Remove the control unit from the body.
- When installing the control box, connect the individual connector if the vehicle is to be used in high altitude operation.
When the individual connector circuit is complete, the fuel injection time is reduced, resulting in a 6% leaner air/fuel mixture necessary for high altitude operation.3.0Si Models
- Remove the rear seat and remove the control unit from the floor panel.
- Open the wire connector clamp and pull out the cover slide.
- Carefully remove the connector from the control unit.
- During the installation, a matched pressure sensor should be replaced also. Random pairing can result in excessive fuel consumption and poor engine operation.