REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
1982 633CSi Models
- Remove No. 4 intake tube. Pull off the vacuum hose located on one end of the regulator. Loosen the fuel line hose clamp and pull off the fuel return line that attaches to the opposite end.
- Using a backup wrench on the flats that are an integral part of the regulator body, loosen the coupling nut and then disconnect the fuel supply line.
- The fitting that the fuel return line connects to is screwed into the pressure regulator and also mounts the regulator. Unscrew this fitting using an open-end wrench and remove the regulator.
- Position the regulator so the return line connection fitting will pass through the hole in the mounting bracket, and then install that fitting. Make the other connections in reverse order. Make all connections tight and then run the engine while checking for leaks.
Follow the procedure just above for 1982 633CSi models, but note these differences: The regulator connections are identical with those on the unit described above. However, the mounting bracket that fits under the return line connection is bolted together. Once the lines have been disconnected, remove this bolt and remove the unit. Now, remove the return line connection and bracket parts and transfer them to the replacement unit before mounting the unit on the car. Make sure to run the engine and check for leaks.
3 Series; 1983-84 533i, 535i, 633CSi and 635CSi; 1984 733i; All 735i, M5 and M6 Models
See Figures 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 and 8
- Remove the vacuum hose from the unit.
- Clamp the fuel line into the regulator. Loosen the clamp and pull off the fuel hose.
- Remove the 2 bolts and pull the unit from the injection tube, or from the body.
- Inspect the seal that seals the connection with the injection tube and replace it, if necessary.
- Install a new seal on the unit and install it into the injection tube. Install the 2 bolts that retain the unit and install the fuel and vacuum hoses.
- Run the engine and check for leaks.