Except 3.0Si Models
See Figure 1
- Loosen the throttle lever clamp screw and the throttle stop screw.
- Press the throttle valve closed and tighten the throttle stop screw until the clearance between the roller and the gate is approximately 0.02-0.4 inches (0.5-1.0mm).
- Tighten the throttle lever clamp screw. Tighten the throttle stop screw one complete turn and lock with the locknut.
- Adjust the throttle switch and the idle speed.
- Loosen the locknut and loosen the adjusting screw until there is play between the stop and the screw.
- Tighten the adjusting screw until the stop just makes contact. Operate the throttle lever several times and allow it to snap back against the stop by spring pressure.
- Tighten the adjusting screw one full turn and lock the screw with the locknut.