REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and support the vehicle on jackstands.
- Remove the 6 bolts from the flexible giubo coupling at the front differential.
- Push the driveshaft back, then down and out of the transfer case.
- Plug the opening in the transfer case.
- Check the condition of the transfer case seal and the dust cap. Replace if needed.
- Install the driveshaft into the transfer case. Install a new flex giubo coupling at the front differential.
The arrows on the giubo coupler must face the arms of the flanges.
- Install the bolts and tighten the M10-8.8 bolts to 35 ft. lbs. (48 Nm) and the M10-10.9 bolts to 52 ft. lbs. (72 Nm). Hold the nut or bolt at the flex giubo coupling side and turn of the flange side. This prevents stressing the flex coupling.
- Slide the dust cap into position.