REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
All Equipped Models
Before attempting to remove the compressor, the air conditioning system must be discharged by a professional using an approved recovery and recycling machine.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the electrical leads from the compressor. Remove the air cleaner assembly, if needed for additional access. Loosen and remove the belt.
- Disconnect the refrigerant lines from the body of the compressor and plug the openings immediately.
- Remove the compressor mounting bolts and remove the compressor.
- On some engines tool 64 5 070 or equivalent will be needed to remove the pivot sleeve. This tool acts as a spacer allowing the use of the mounting bolt to pull the sleeve out of the bracket.
- Install the compressor and tighten the mounting bolts. Tighten all grade M8 bolts to 17 ft. lbs. (24 Nm) and all grade M10 bolts to 35 ft. lbs. (48 Nm).
- Connect the refrigerant lines. Tighten the 5 / 8 in. line to 14 ft. lbs. (20 Nm), the 3 / 4 in. line to 28 ft. lbs. (39 Nm), the 7 / 8 lines to 30 ft. lbs. (42 Nm) and the 11 / 16 in. lines to 35 ft. lbs. (48 Nm).
- Connect the electrical wiring and install the belt. Tension the belt.
- Have the system evacuated and charged by a professional using an approved recovery/recycling machine.