REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
All Equipped Models
Before attempting to remove the compressor, the air conditioning system must be discharged by a professional using an approved recovery and recycling machine.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Have the air conditioning system properly discharged by a qualified shop using an approved recovery/recycling machine.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Remove the radiator and fan from the vehicle.
- Remove the bolts retaining the right and center grille, remove the grilles.
- Disconnect and plug the refrigerant lines at the condenser, through the right side grille opening.
- Disconnect the auxiliary cooling fan connector. Remove the cooling fan from the condenser.
- Remove the condenser mounting bolts and remove the condenser upward.
- Install the condenser in position and install the mounting bolts.
- Install the auxiliary cooling fan.
- Reconnect the refrigerant lines at the condenser, using new gaskets. Tighten the 5 / 8 in. line to 14 ft. lbs. (20 Nm), the 3 / 4 in. line to 28 ft. lbs. (39 Nm), the 7 / 8 lines to 30 ft. lbs. (42 Nm) and the 11 / 16 in. lines to 35 ft. lbs. (48 Nm).
- Install the radiator into the vehicle. Install the grille pieces.
- Refill the cooling system and properly recharge the air conditioning system.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable. Bleed the cooling system.