REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the transmission. Remove the clutch cover and plate on manual transmission equipped vehicles.
- Install a flywheel lock to hold the flywheel stationary.
- Remove the bolts and pull the flywheel off.
- Clean the mounting area of the crankshaft. Check the condition of the rear main seal and replace if necessary. Clean out the bolt holes.
- Install the flywheel. Apply Loctite 270® or equivalent sealer to the new bolts.
Use only new bolts when installing the flywheel. The bolts are not designed to be used more than once.
- Tighten the bolts to 82-94 ft. lbs. (113-130 Nm).
- Replace the clutch, if equipped and transmission.