REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the connecting hoses and remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Disconnect the turbo inlet and outlet air hoses.
- Remove the EGR pipe and EGR valve.
- Unbolt the banjo connector for the oil pressure line going to the turbocharger at the side of the block. Remove the clamps and disconnect the oil drain line from the turbo at the block.
- Disconnect the exhaust pipe at the turbo exhaust outlet.
- Remove the 4 bolts attaching the turbocharger to the exhaust manifold, and remove.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Replace gaskets on the EGR valve and seals on the high pressure oil line. Coat the EGR valve studs with a copper paste and replace the self-locking nuts.