REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Some later 5, 6 and 7
Series models came factory equipped with the antenna mounted in the rear window glass. This type antenna are not serviceable without replacing the window glass.Post Antenna
- Disconnect negative battery cable.
- Unplug the antenna from the radio, this may require radio removal on some models.
- Pull the antenna wire through the firewall.
- Using an adjustable wrench, remove the antenna base from the fender well and remove the antenna.
- Install in reverse order, making sure to route the antenna wire carefully through the fire wall to prevent cutting the wire.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Open the trunk and remove the side trim panel screws and remove the panel. Remove the spare tire and jack, on some models.
- Unplug the antenna power lead and the antenna wire.
- Using an adjustable wrench, carefully remove the antenna mast mounting from the top of the rear fender.
- Remove the antenna mounting bracket bolt inside the trunk and remove the antenna assembly by pulling it down and out.
- Install the antenna in reverse order, check the operation of the antenna.