REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
You will need an assistant for this procedure.
- Remove the inside liner from the trunk lid, if equipped.
- Disconnect the trunk light wire and/or the pinswitch. If multiple wires are involved, mark each connection before unfastening
- Scribe the location of the trunk hinges on the trunk lid with a pen. This will make installation easy and adjustment much simpler.
- If equipped with a prop rod, remove the nut securing the lower portion of the bracket to the trunk.
Do not attempt to remove the prop rod from the trunk face. This section is preloaded.
- Have an assistant hold the trunk lid while you remove the retaining bolts, remove the trunk lid.
- Install the trunk lid in position and install the retaining bolts.
- Install the prop rod assembly.
- Fasten the trunk light and/or pinswitch wires.
- Check the alignment of the trunk lid and adjust as necessary.
See Figures 3 and 4
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Open the trunk lid and disconnect the wiring.
- Disconnect the trunk lid props from the trunk lid, if equipped.
- Scribe marks around the hinge using a pen. This will make installation easy and adjustment much simpler.
- Loosen, then remove the trunk hinge bolts from the trunk lid side of the hinge. Remove the trunk lid.
- Install in reverse order and adjust. Do not forget to connect all harnesses unfastened earlier.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
See Figures 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9
- Adjust the height of the trunk lid at the hinge end by placing shims between the trunk lid and the hinge.
- Adjust the side gaps by loosening the hinge bolts to the trunk lid and the catch bar mounting bolts. Align the lid and tighten the bolts.
- Adjust the lid height by loosening the nut on the catch and adjust the catch bar until the trunk lid sits 0.039 inches (1 Nm) below the fenders.
- Adjust the stopper pads so the trunk lid sits flush with the fenders.