REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Except 5, 6 and 7
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal. Remove the center console and the drivers side instrument panel trim next to the steering column. Drain the coolant.
- Disconnect the coolant hoses from the inlet on the firewall. Disconnect the wire or control cable from the control valve.
- Loosen the coolant pipe clamp. Remove the 2 bolts from the pipe connection at the control valve and the bolts from the heater connection.
- Replace the O-rings at the connections.
- Replace the bolts in the connections and attach the pipe clamp. Connect the wire or cable to the control valve.
- Connect the coolant hose at the firewall. Install the center console and the instrument panel trim. Fill and bleed the cooling system. Connect the negative battery terminal.
- Drain the cooling system. Disconnect the heater hoses from the control valve and the feed hose to the electric water pump, if equipped.
- Disconnect the electrical plug from the top of the valve. Remove the screws and the clamp.
- Remove the valve by lifting out.
- The valve can be checked by applying battery voltage to the top of the pyramid of terminals and alternately grounding the bottom pins. The valve will actuate.
- Install the valve, bolts and electrical connector. Connect the coolant hoses. Fill and bleed the cooling system.