REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Models with Manual Window Controls
This procedure is good for both front and rear doors. Remember when removing window glass to use care when handling it. The glass should be placed out of the way to prevent the chance of damage.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the door trim panel.
- Locate the screws that hold the bottom lifting rail in place and remove them. Hold the window when doing this as it will become loose.
- Tilt the window forward slightly and remove the lifting arm from the lifting rail.
- Pull the window carefully out of the door.
- The regulator can now be removed. This is done removing the bolts retaining it and pulling it out through the door.
- Any of the window guide rails, molding or weatherstrip can now be removed.
- Install any parts removed other than the window and regulator.
- Install the window regulator and the lifting arm. Install the window by sliding it into the door.
- Install the glass into the lifting arm and install the retaining screws.
Check the operation of the window and adjust it as necessary, using the following procedure:
- Put the window all the way up. Loosen the lifting rail bolts.
- Using special tool 51 3 150 or equivalent tool, turn the holder for the lifting rail so that both slides on the rail fit snugly. Tighten the rail bolts.
- Check the window travel, it should be limited by the stop on the regulator.
- Install the door panel and check the operation of the window.
- Connect the negative battery cable.