REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Seat removal and installation is basically the same for both manual and power seat assemblies, with the exception of wiring for power seat equipped models.Front
Depending on the year and model, some seats are secured using standard bolts, while others use Torx® or Allen head bolts. Before beginning the procedure, check the bolt head to make sure you have the correct tools for removal and installation.
- Disconnect the negative battery.
- Slide the seat all the way back and locate the 2 front seat track-to-base mounting bolts.
- Remove the front mounting bolts.
- Slide the seat all the way forward and locate the rear seat track-to-base mounting bolts.
- Remove the bolts and tilt the seat backward.
- Disconnect all of the electrical wiring, if equipped and remove the seat from the vehicle.
- The seat mounting base will still be in the vehicle, it can now be removed if desired. To do so, remove the 4 base mounting bolts and pull the assembly out of the vehicle.
- Install the base, if it was removed. Install the seat back into the vehicle and reconnect the electrical leads.
To remove the rear seat, remove the base by pulling it up in the front and sliding it toward the front of the vehicle and out. Then remove the bolts at the bottom corners of the seat back and nuts from the center armrest, if equipped with an armrest, pull it up and out of the vehicle.