- Remove the start valve from the throttle valve section.
- Turn the ignition switch to ON to obtain fuel pressure from the pump, but do not start the engine.
- Connect a positive current jumper wire to the SV connection of the time switch.
- If fuel is ejected from the start valve, the valve and the feed pipe are considered to be good.
The valve must not drip fuel with the current OFF.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the electrical connector and the fuel line to the valve.
- Remove the retaining bolts and pull the valve assembly from the air collector.
- Replace the rubber sealing ring during installation.