The sensor adjustment must be made before the engine is warm.
- Remove the air filter housing.
- Press out the air regulator cone with a screwdriver until special tool 6073 or the equivalent can be inserted into the groove of the air regulator cone.
- A distance of 0.10-0.11 inches (2.5-3.0mm) should exist between the grub screw and the stop screw. Adjustments can be made at the plate nut.
- After the engine is at normal operating temperature, the air regulator valve cone must project 0.3-0.4 inches (9-10mm). The plate washer must project above the lever by 0.15 inches (4mm) and the grub screw must be in full contact with the stop screw.
- If these specifications are not obtained, the warm up sensor must be replaced.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Drain the coolant and remove the air filter.
- Disconnect the coolant hoses and the auxiliary air hose.
- Disconnect the return spring and remove the warm-up sensor while disconnecting the accelerator linkage.
- After installation, adjust the sensor as previously outlined and adjust the idle speed.