REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the driveshaft from the input flange of the final drive. Support the driveshaft with wire.
- Remove the constant velocity joint bolts and support the halfshafts from the body.
- Disconnect the speed sensors, if equipped.
- Support the unit and remove the front mounting bolts, then the rear mounting bolts. Lower the unit. The axle ratio is marked on the housing or cover.
- Install the final drive. Install the front bolts to support, then the rear bolts. Tighten the bolts to 80 ft. lbs. (110 Nm).
- Install the halfshafts and the driveshaft.